The "blackberry of youth" has leaves and fruits particularly rich in health protective and therapeutic ingredients. Leaves are mainly used in tea, while the fruits are edible and processed. The daily intake of about 10 grams of Aronia berries, as shown by several researches, seems to have a positive effect on the stomach, by protecting it from minor or serious digestive diseases, such as gastritis, but also even from colon cancer. Additionally its strong antioxidant action prevents thrombus formation in the blood and consequently prevents or aids in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases..
Greek Aronia berries (product of biological cultivation)
It belongs to the well known superfoods category because of its high nutritional value and possesses one of the highest ranks on the list of the most important alternative crops in our country.
The climatic and terrestrial conditions of Greece have been proven ideal for the cultivation of the particular plant. The fruit is rich in pectin, the natural acetate polysaccharide that abounds in apples, clams and oranges. It is valuable to the pharmaceutical industry, while its leaf and fruit extracts have powerful antioxidant properties and cure many diseases such as inflammation, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
Also, the fruit of the aronia is among the richest in antioxidants and vitamin C.
Indicatively and on the basis of University surveys and studies, some of the fruit’s possible beneficial effects are mentioned below. The fruit of aronia:
- increases body vitality and helps to overcome neural disorders and fatigue,
- stimulates muscle and tissue regeneration, blood formation (hemopoiesis) and metabolism,
- helps the regulation of hypertension (Clinical trials - 50ml juice 3 times a day),
- prevents and helps to deal with a range of cardiovascular diseases, blocking with its powerful antioxidant components,the creation of thrombus,
- has strong antioxidant action,
- assists in the treatment of cancer (in addition to medical treatment of course)
- relieves bronchitis
- treats urinary tract infections
- is used in gastritis, bleeding, anemia, rheumatism,
- is beneficial for pregnant women, children, diabetics, athletes and for patients undergoing complex treatments (chemotherapy),
- strengthens connective tissues,
- reduces levels of stress hormones,
- is a powerful tool to fight the flu virus,
- helps children grow properly, because of its high iodine content,
- helps to remove heavy metals from the body and its protective effect in individuals exposed to high doses of radioactivity and radiation, is under current study.
A daily intake of 10 grams per day is estimated to be the sufficient dose, in order to have some of the above mentioned beneficial effects. Suitable for all ages. You can consume it either dry as found in our package for optimal benefit (dry aronia raisins) or as an additional ingredient in your wine, juices, pies, tea, sweets, jams, muffins, cookies etc. (in this case a larger daily intake should be considered).
Also consider: Beyond Wearing Pink: How You Can Support Breast Cancer Awareness
All the above mentioned information and in general the information mentioned on this web site, regarding the health protective and healing effects of olive oil and in particularly of the products of ours, has strictly informative purpose and should by no means be considered as an inducement, for people with health problems, to stop following medical instructions and/or advice or any medication they already receive, without the prior agreement of their treating physician/doctor. This product is not intended for the treatment of diseases. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breast feeding or taking medication. Store in a cool dry place away from humidity. The expiry date is only valid for products with intact packaging and stored correctly.